ADL is working with Houston-area groups to promote its We Were Strangers Too initiative. The initiative, in partnership with the Creative Action Network, encourages artists of all abilities and backgrounds to submit artwork depicting refugee experiences throughout time and geography. Artwork submitted by October 5 will be considered for display at Houston In Concert Against Hate. See below for details.
- Depict a pivotal moment in the story of a refugee’s exodus.
- Include the text “We Were Strangers Too”
- Provide as much context as to the time place and if possible, reason for their flight.
- The image should be scanned to be a vertically oriented, 12″ by 16″ RGB image at 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
Designs should not:
- Include url’s or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don’t belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
Submit Artwork by October 5, 2016